10 Early Warning Signs Of Mold Toxicity Everyone Should Know

Black mold can infest homes or other buildings, especially in damp areas. Long-term exposure to black mold is potentially harmful to health and may cause a range of symptoms.

In this article, we explain what black mold is and look at the effects it can have on a person’s health. We also discuss how to treat and prevent black mold exposure.

What is black mold poisoning?

Black mold poisoning is a form of mycotoxicosis, which may occur if a person breathes in too many mycotoxins over an extended period. Mycotoxins are the toxins that some molds release.

The symptoms of black mold poisoning can appear similar to those of an upper respiratory tract infection, such as the flu or common cold. People with other health conditions or a weakened immune system may experience more severe symptoms.

Here are The TOP 10 Early Warning Signs Of Mold Toxicity.

 

 

1. SENSITIVE EYES AND HEADACHE

Redness in your eyes, itching or blurred vision may be related to mold allergy.

Some people are sensitive to mold as an allergen, which makes their immune system start working harder when exposed to it.

So if your symptoms look like hay fever or seasonal allergies accompanied by a headache and one of the next symptoms of mold allergy, you’ll need a mold inspection asap. And don’t forget to see a doctor.

2. DEPRESSION

Toxic mold specialists studying mold-related diseases have found that houses that are wet also affect people’s mood. There was a definite relationship between home humidity, mold and symptoms of depression.

Psychological stress is normal when you have little control over your home environment and have poor indoor air quality that can affect your health.

Take control of the stress by reducing the sources of moisture in the house, adding indoor plants to purify the air, and run a fan to circulate the air.

 

3. DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS

Nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain and lack of appetite are some of the digestive signs of a mold-related disease. Although these symptoms may lead you to eat less and lose weight.

4. UNEXPLAINED MUSCLE PAIN

Unexplained muscle pain that is not caused by intense activity can be a sign of mold-related illness. Muscle pain can be anywhere in your body.

Some people have already reported muscle cramps and acute pain due to mold.

5. RESPIRATORY PROBLEMS

Some of the most commonly reported signs of mold-related illness are breathing difficulties.

In a recent journal on mold and medical diseases, researchers named some of the respiratory diseases associated with mold exposure, including “asthma, allergic rhinitis, allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis, sinusitis and pneumonia. hypersensitive “.

Inability to breathe deeply, coughing, wheezing or sinus problems are all likely mold asthma symptoms.

Consult a health care professional if you are concerned about your potential exposure to mold for a mold toxicity test and mold allergy treatment.

 

6. THE MOST COMMON SIGNS OF A MOLD-RELATED DISEASE

Some of the more unusual symptoms or signs of mold-related illness are excessive thirst, need to urinate more often due to higher consumption, weight gain, dizziness or metallic taste in your mouth.

To prevent mold, repair water leaks in your home. Be sure to ventilate the room sufficiently to circulate the air as much as possible.

Frequently clean areas that are more likely to create mold, such as the bathroom. Clean with the products you usually use. You can put a rag on your nose and mouth if you are cleaning a moldy area to avoid being exposed to particles.

 

7. Joint pain
8. Fatigue
9. Neurocognitive problems
10. Brain Fog/Confusion/Memory loss
11. Sleep issues
12. Inflammatory problems
13. GI problems/food sensitivities
14. Numbness and tingling
15. Sensitivity to light

If you have a compromised immune system, mold can attack your lungs, skin, organs, eyes and cause devastating effects such as lung cancer or renal failure.

 

What Can I Do If I Have Mold Poisoning?

If you suspect mold might be a problem there are several things you can do…

 

What Can I Do If I Have Mold Poisoning?

If you suspect mold might be a problem there are several things you can do:

1. Test your environment using the ERMI test (Environmental Relative Moldiness Index), which will reveal the presence, the type and the toxicity of mold.

2. Determine the source of mold and work with a professional mold remediation expert If the ERMI test comes back positive to make all necessary repairs in order to get rid of mold.

3. Find a doctor that specializes in mold issues to begin the detoxification process.

4. Eat and live healthy: Once you have ridden your body of the toxins, you will need to continue to support your health by avoiding foods that feed or contain yeast, mold and fungus such as carbohydrates and sugars.

 

How to remove mold naturally and prevent it from coming back?

 

How to remove mold naturally and prevent it from coming back?

1. Baking Soda

This is one of the easiest and effective methods I’ve tried. You only need two things; a baking soda and water. Mix them together to create a paste and apply it over the affected areas. Allow to dry and use a toothbrush to scrub until the mold is gone.

2. Vinegar

Vinegar creates an environment that inhibits the growth of mold, mildew and some bacteria. White distilled vinegar is a great black mold removal. Vinegar has antibacterial properties which can help keep the mold at bay.

Spray directly on the mold and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Scrub the grout and tiles using a toothbrush until the mold is gone.

Don’t worry about the smell of vinegar, it will dissipate on its own very quickly.

 

3. Tea Tree Oil

Tea Tree Oil is highly concentrated. You’ll need to mix a two teaspoons of tea tree oil and a two cups of water in a spray bottle. Spray the affected area and let it set overnight.

Tea tree oil has the possibility to get deep into fibers and particles to remove all the visible and non visible spores and mold.

In the morning, in case there’s more of mold in some areas. You can rub them down with more tea tree oil.

 

4. Borax and Vinegar

Borax is known by beeing highly alkaline (with a pH of 9.3), which makes it a good cleaner, disinfectier and deodorizer. You can get rid of mold using borax by : Mixing 1/2 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of borax in a quart of warmer water.

Apply it on the mold and scrub the surface with a toothbrush or sponge until your tiles and grout shine then rinse with water.

 

6. Kill mold with hydrogen peroxide

Using 3% hydrogen peroxide is a great and inexpensive solution to kill mold. It doesn’t only kill mold but it also prevent it from coming back.Apply it all over the mold spots in your your house.

Another way to use hydrogen peroxide is to create a thick paste by adding white flour.Apply it on the mold and cover with plastic wrap.Allow to work its magic overnight, before rinsing well with cold water.

How to prevent mold and mildew:

 

How to prevent mold and mildew:

Reduce Humidity by using a fan when you’re done showering in order to remove all dampness traces from air.
Increase Air Flow and light by opening the windows to let air circulate in the bathroom.
Keep it Dry by giving a small squeegee to your tub walls and floor after showering in order to remove all traces of water.
Keep it Clean by removing remaining debris on the shower or tub walls and floor.

Prolonged exposure can be dangerous on your heath. Get rid of mold immediatly and try your best to prevent it from coming back.

Next Post